Information that we collect from you
We collect transaction based data necessary to complete your order. The way we collect your data includes:-
- When you visit our website
- When you contact us by email, phone or by direct message on social media with any product queries or customer service enquiries.
- When you win prize draws or competitions where we need to dispatch a prize, or apply a voucher code to your next order.
What information do we hold?
Your name, billing and delivery address, orders and receipts, email and telephone number if entered on the order form. We do not hold any card or banking information.
Details of any of your communications with us by email will only be held for 6-months in the legitimate interests of the business and for post-order enquiries.
How and why do we use your personal information?
We may use and analyse the information we collect so that we can administer, support, improve, and develop our services/products to you, e.g. whether you prefer to crochet, knit or both.
We will also use personal data:-
- To process any orders that you make using our website www.lusciouslyloopy.co.uk or through LLY FB pages. If we don’t collect your personal data during order submission, we won’t be able to process your order or comply with our legal obligations.
- To respond to your queries and handle customer service queries. We will hold this information for 6-months to improve our services to you.
- With your consent we will use your personal data and details and could use that information to keep you informed by email via our newsletter about relevant products (and services) including new lines, discounts, promotions, competitions and free patterns.
- You are free to opt out of receiving any communication from us, at any time – by unsubscribing or by emailing us directly at email@example.com
- To administer any of our competitions (or surveys) which you enter, based on your consent given at the time of entering.
- To comply with any legal obligations to share data with law enforcement or to administer our business.
Security and how we protect your data?
- We will treat your data with absolute care and take all appropriate steps to protect your information from – unauthorised access; unlawful processing; accidental loss; destruction or damage.
- We ensure all systems, equipment used for storing data meet acceptable security standards and make regular checks and scans to ensure hardware/software used is functioning properly.
- We ensure any third-party companies we use meet the requires standards.
- Access to your personal data is password-protected. We do not hold any sensitive data such as card payment information.
- We will retain your information for a reasonable period, or as long as the law requires.
Who do we share your personal data with?
Unless required to do so by law we will not share, sell, or distribute any of the information you provide to us. We do not and have never bought, sold or exchanged any personal data with any third parties.
However, we sometimes need to share data with trusted third parties in order to deliver our services to you
The third parties we sometimes engage with include: -
- Delivery couriers – we currently use Royal Mail, but may also use Hermes, DPD, DHL or other courier services.
- IT company Weebly who help develop and support our website.
In order to keep your data safe and protect your privacy we provide only the information they need to perform their specific services that we cannot provide ourselves, and they may only use your data for the specific purpose they are engaged for, e.g. getting your orders to you.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small data files. They are placed on your computer. Cookies are not programs. They are simple text files which you can read using the Notebook program on your own pc. Typically, contain two pieces of information: a site name and unique user id.
Information collected and what it is used for:
To estimate my audience size and details of the way customers use the website.
To speed up your searches and to recognise when you return to my site.
Google analytics is used to collect internet log information and details to give me insight into how users find and use my site. The information gathered does not identify anyone.
If you want to disable cookies you need to change your website browser settings to reject cookies. How you can do this will depend on the browser you use. Further details on how to disable cookies for the most popular browsers are set out below: -
For Microsoft Internet Explorer:
- Choose the menu “tools” then “Internet Options”
- Click on the “privacy” tab
- Select the appropriate setting
- Choose Settings> Advanced
- Under "Privacy and security," click “Content settings”.
- Click “Cookies”
- Choose Preferences > Privacy
- Click on “Remove all Website Data”
- Choose the menu “tools” then “Options”
- Click on the icon “privacy”
- Find the menu “cookie” and select the relevant options
- Choose the menu Files”> “Preferences”
Your rights / access and updating
You are entitled to:-
- Have your data processed in a fair, lawful and transparent manner.
- See all the information held about you and to request changes to ensure the information is accurate, up to date and relevant.
- Require us to delete any personal data.
- Object at any time to processing of your personal data for our own direct marketing purposes.
You can do this by either:-
- Click the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any email communication that we send you.
- Email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org and request to ‘opt out’.
If you have any questions about this Policy or your rights under it, you may contact us directly as follows:-
Name: Lynn Bamber
Address: Room 2 Windermere House, 1 Peart Rd Workington, CA13 3YT